21 February 2009

New Zealand - The Beginning

So, here's how this is all going to work... I didn't have a computer at all in New Zealand, so the following posts are going to be treated as if they were written in time with my journey :)

Flying :
Detroit to LA : Flying domestic in the US sucks. Small planes, no food, just abysmal ☹. Luckily, the trip wasn’t that long.
Layover LA : 5+ hours in the LA airport = awful. Thankfully I had a cell phone and friends to call :D (p.s. thanks for endless entertainment Britt!)
LA to Auckland : I think that I’d like to just always fly international. The plane was HUGE (double decker), the seats were nice and comfy, and I didn’t have anybody sitting next to me, which was nice. Each person had their own TV to control with a little remote built into the side handle and had a bunch of movies, music and games to choose from. The games weren’t really too fun, but they had a really good selection for movies and music. On the flight I watched The Bucket List, Rocky and almost all of The Duchess.
Layover Auckland : Really short. Kind of busy since I had to exchange my money. I thought I’d lost a bunch of my US currency because I forgot where I had put it… But it was found and no worries.
Auckland to Christchurch : Was a fairly short flight. Sat next to a couple from LA. There were TVs in the ceiling that had trivia so we had a good time trying to get questions right. I failed fairly miserably but that’s ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment