21 February 2009

Christchurch - Contiki Begins

After all of my flights I ended up at Bealey's Hotel. I stayed at Bealey’s for 2 nights (one night alone, the second with the tour). The first day was pretty good. Just walked around and took pictures around Christchurch. It was a fairly lonely day though. I tried to write a blog post at that time but the internet SUCKED and wouldn't let me actually post.

Day 2 nobody arrived until later in the day, around 5, so I had more walking around time. Got to stay with George (Adelaide, Australia) and Brian (Ottawa, Canada), which became a pattern throughout most of the trip. It was a right good time. I joined a 16 day tour 9 days in so it was a tad difficult to meet everybody and remember names correctly at first but that’s fine. It was a good first night on tour, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment