20 April 2009

Spring Break 2009 - Day 3 - Cairns

Day 3 had arrived and behold! MORE SCUBA DIVING! Yay!

We went out as a group on a boat to the reef. I was the only certified diver on my trip, so basically I was by myself on the dives with the dive leader (and some grossly overweight American's who really should not have been allowed to wear wet-suits lest they give people nightmares). We went out to Michaelmas Cay for two dives. It once again really warm in the water. The only different thing we saw at Michaelmas Cay was instead of seeing a shark we saw a mantaray. It was HUGE. Apparently, they're extremely rare and the dive leader was in disbelief that we saw him early in our diving lives when it took him more than 4 years :).

We didn't do anything else really exciting that day... This post will have pictures when I get them developed (that's right, underwater camera) and then scan them.

Day 4: Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment